7 Factors to Consider when choosing the right Gear Technology
GearheadGearsDrive AmplifierMotorsAnalog Servo drive amplifierDigital Servo drive amplifierLinear Servo drive amplifierPulse Width Modulation (PWM) drive amplifierStep Servo drive amplifierMotion Control
Choosing a drive involves several design factors that depend greatly on the task at hand. For more precise and exact movements, drives that have a high accuracy and repeatability are required. If a task requires a high torque output or speed, a larger drive or one with specific gear ratios will be necessary. The following is a list of the Top 7 design aspects you need to know that include sizing, mounting, speed, torque, accuracy, and repeatability.
1.) Power Requirements (Speed / Torque / Duty Cycle):
- Most servo applications include speed and torque profiles that vary with time
- Gearing technologies have speed and torque ratings that account for these cyclic type applications
- Calculations for average toque and speed are derived from life limiting gear train elements
- Speed and torque calculations are generally tied to a service life, and will often, but not always, dictate frame size selection
- Methodology for calculating average torques and speeds & ultimately service life, varies from technology to technology
2.) Output Bearing Requirements (Load Support / Accuracy):
- Servo gear reduction technologies often include a bearing system supporting the ...