This multiturn absolute rotary encoder boasts a host of features that promises robustness against outdoor environments, making it ideal for use in mobile machinery. Compared to the other existing POSITAL magnetic rotary encoders, it has an enhanced housing and supports higher shaft loads.
The encoder is resistant against high-pressure water cleaning and corrosion, thanks to a new stainless steel housing also fulfills IP69K specifications.
In addition, with its higher shaft load will translate into a longer lifetime for the encoder itself. With only one moving part – the shaft/magnet assembly – it is extremely resistant to shock and vibration, while in the magnetic measurement technology dust and moisture aren’t a concern, as they are in optical technology.
As with all POSITAL magnetic multiturn rotary encoders, the heavy duty line also uses Wiegand-technology to keep track of the number of rotations, even if the rotations occur when there is no system power. This is accomplished by the encoder generating electrical energy from the rotation of its shaft. The reliability of the Wiegend effect means that the magnetic Heavy Duty encoder requires no backup batteries, leading to long-term cost-saving benefits to the customers.
A A variety of interfaces enables the encoder to easily integrate into many commonly used control systems while the analog interface allows it to replace potentiometers.
- CANopen, J1939: configurable to your parameters, with status-LED simplifying the installation
- SSI: ability to configure preset and counting direction
- Analog current: available in 0 … 20 mA or 4 ... 20 mA
- Analog voltage: available in 0 ... 5 V or 0 … 10 V
- Durable Rotary Sensor Replaces Geared Pots
- Available Stainless Steel Housing Supports High Shaft Loads
- High Environmental Protection up to IP69K
- Interfaces: CANopen, SSI, J1939 and Analog
- Application: Cranes, Hoists, Mining Equipment