Optical Rotary Encoder with Ethernet POWERLINK Interface
Ethernet POWERLINK is an open and completely software based solution that is promoted by the EPSG (Ethernet POWERLINK Standardization Group). It is a real-time protocol that is based on the CANopen back bone. The encoders from FRABA POSITAL have a jitter for synchronization that is less than 1 micro seconds.
Ease of Installation
There is an integrated web server to easily change parameters and configure the encoder. These multiturn encoders are available in a vast variety of mechanical options. The varied resolution options make these encoders a good fit for various material handling, packaging and paper machinery based applications. These encoders are directly compatible with B&R and Baldor PLC’s and drives, making them perfect for retrofitting for position control.
- Resolution per Revolution up to 16 bit (65536 Steps per Turn)
- Up to 14 bit Revolutions (16384 Total Turns)
- Operating Temperature of 0 to +60 °C
- Protection Class IP 65 at the Housing, IP66 at the Flange
- Blind Hollow and Solid Shaft Versions
- Available in Stainless Steel * UL Listed
- Integrated Web Server
- Diagnostic LEDs
- 2-Port Repeater for low-cost wiring
- Supports Powerlink V1 and Powerlink V2 Protocols