New VLM Servo Motors for value conscious applications
Greenville, DE — Kollmorgen has launched the VLM servo motor series to fill the gap between stepper and high-performance servo motors. The new VLM series synchronous servo motors offer OEMs, machine builders and end-users, an excellent price-performance proposition in the torque range of 0.5 to 4.5 Nm continuous and 16 Nm peak, with speeds of up to 6000 rpm. They also provide highly flexible configuration, proven quality and high reliability. Hence, they are a very useful solution for many applications where stepper or asynchronous motors are pushed to their limits but the expense and unused dynamics of high performance servo motors is not desirable.
The many standard design and configuration options built into the range allow engineers an optimal solution from the outset, to tailor their applications and machine requirements. Thus, installation time and cost is minimized and the price-performance ratio is further improved. The VLM series motors are available with standard frame sizes of 60 mm and 90-mm or NEMA 23 and 34 in each of the six most popular motor sizes and with a choice of twelve standard windings. The extensive possibilities for shaft and mounting facilitate seamless integration into virtually any system.
Feedback options include Digital Resolver (SFD), resolver, encoder and Hall sensors. VLM motors achieve continuous torque up to 4.5 Nm and peak torque to 16 Nm and can be used in power systems with 230 VAC. And of course, the new motors meet the ROHS Directives for CE and UL certification.
The Benefits of Value Line Brushless Servo Motors
- Exceptional Quality and Value
- High torque per dollar
- Quality components
- No need for intermediate cables
- Low cost feedback options standard
- Low cost design
- Standard Configurations To Fit Most Applications
- 6 of the most popular size motors with 12 standard windings
- NEMA and Metric standard mounts
- S200, AKD, Flying Leads and Molex Connector options standard
- Good match for dynamic loads
- Smart Feedback Device, Resolver, or Encoder feedback options.
- Ease of Use
- Standard connector options and matching cables
- Smart Feedback Device that offers automatic motor recognition and setup when used with Kollmorgen drives