MR386 ZapFREE Fiber Optic Microswitch for EMC-challenged applications
Industry Standard V15-style Form Factor Offered in Non-Metallic and Industrial Versions
Micronor’s MR386 ZapFREE® Microswitch is the world’s first fiber optic micro switch, purposely designed to meet the challenging EMC requirements of MRI, medical and industrial applications. Engineers will appreciate the product’s interchangeability with the familiar, industry standard V15-series electrical micro switch.
The Micronor MR386 outperforms conventional electrical micro switches and limit switches. The entirely non-electrical, totally-passive optical sensor provides EMI and RFI immunity, isolation from high voltage and lightning, inherent safety in explosive atmospheres, and can operate interference-free over very long distances – up to 4000 meters.
Two models are offered - Industrial and MRI Safe. The Industrial model targets the most challenging environments and features an extended temperature range of -40ºC to +80ºC. The non-metallic MRI Safe model was purposely designed for use inside the MR bore and is magnetically invisible to the imaging process. With a temperature range of -5ºC to +60ºC, this model targets medical, hospital, laboratory and instrumentation applications.
For Machine Safety applications, the controller defaults to the emergency state when: (1) the optical path is blocked, (2) in case of a broken fiber, (3) a fiber is disconnected, or (4) loss of power to the controller link.
Micronor MR386 Microswitch features include:
- Two models – Industrial and non-metallic MR Safe
- Two optical options – Normally open or Normally closed
- Interchangeable with V15-series electrical micro switch
- Same tactile, toggle switching action
- 100% passive sensing design – no electronics whatsoever
- Immune to EMI, RFI, and high voltage
- Inherently safe, simple mechanical device
- Ex compatible – mines, gas and dust
- EPLs Mb, Gb and Db
- Operates over long distances – up to 4 km
- DIN rail or OEM controller available
Micronor MR386 Microswitch applications:
- Use as a discrete position sensor or limit switch in challenging environments where conventional electromechanical micro switches fail
- Magnetic resonance imaging - in or out of the bore
- High voltage switchgear
- Transformer power tap position
- Actuator position
- Valve position
- Process monitoring
Since 2003, Micronor Inc. has been a pioneer of innovative Fiber Optic Kinetic Sensors for both industrial and medical applications. Products include Fiber Optic Position Sensors, Rotary Encoders, Linear Encoders, Signaling, E-Stop, Microswitch, Accelerometer, and Temperature Sensors. These sensors are designed for challenging applications where immunity to EMI, RFI, microwaves, high voltage, magnetic fields, radiation and/or explosive atmospheres is required, as well as MRI compatibility or long distance operation. Micronor maintains regional sales, service, engineering, and manufacturing facilities in both California, USA and Switzerland.