Higher Accuracy, Small Diameter Zettlex Encoders
Zettlex is excited to announce the latest addition to its broad offering of high accuracy, small formfactor rotary encoders, the Mini Ultra IncOder. Zettlex encoders use a unique, inductive technology that employs the use of printed circuit boards (PCBs).
These encoders are non-contact devices which allow precision measurement of angle or angular speed in harsh environments where traditional optical and magnetic devices can be unreliable. Each Zettlex Ultra IncOder unit is pre-calibrated and offers up to 19 arc-seconds accuracy depending on size.
The new Mini Ultra IncOder™ has been created, offering two smaller diameters – sizes 37mm and 58mm. These compact and lightweight products are particularly suited to mobile robotics applications, such as unmanned ground vehicles, which have strict size and weight requirements.
Included in the Ultra IncOder series, the Midi Ultra range has expanded to include several new mounting formats as well as a new duplex option for electrical redundancy which is often a requirement in safety-critical applications – notably, surgical robotics.
Key features provide designers with a flexible product for nearly any environment
- High accuracy & resolution
- Stability irrespective of environmental conditions
- Measurement performance largely independent of installation tolerances
- Insensitivity to foreign matter
- Compact size
- Ability to sense over a wide range of geometries
- No need for bearings, bushes, or seals
- No service or maintenance needed, they are ‘fit and forget’ devices