ITT’s Compact Automation Brand Expands Product Offerings to Include Electric Actuators
Linear ActuatorLinear MotionElectro-mechanicalHydraulicPneumatic
Westminister, SC - ITT Inc. (NYSE: ITT) and its Compact Automation brand announced the expansion of its traditional hydraulic and pneumatic product offerings to include electric actuators, screw jacks, bevel gearboxes, rodless cylinders and more. These new product lines are available exclusively in North America through Compact’s new partnership with NIASA.
“Compact’s traditional product line offers small, powerful and configurable hydraulic and pneumatic solutions with high value and low life-cycle cost to global customers in diversified industrial automation end markets,” said Shannon Winkler, Product Manager at Compact Automation. “With an increased industry demand for smart and programmable actuator products, we identified a need to expand our current product offerings to include electric actuators. We are excited to partner with NIASA to bring our customers in-demand electric actuation and other precision motion control products, which further increases the flexibility, stroke-range and force of our product line-up.”
Compact Automation has an extensive engineering capability with more than 50 product lines, composed of standard configurations and more than 50,000 custom products, ranging from minor modifications to complete custom-engineered solutions.
The full portfolio of products offered exclusively through Compact’s partnership with NIASA include:
- N/W/R Series Screw Jacks – A combination of a screw and gearbox, they are the optimal and economical solution for applications that require linear, precise and safe movement for transfer and elevation.
- F/A Series Linear Actuators – Electromechanical cylinders that are the premiere solution in any application that requires precise and safe linear movement, regardless of speed.
- FM/AM Series Electro-mechanical Actuators – Combines the sleeve and stem system of the F/A Series linear actuators with the gearbox of the screw jacks.
- Bevel Gearboxes – Manufactured from tempered steel, they transfer energy through conical gears with spiral teeth in optimized geometry.
- Rodless Mechanical Cylinders – Enables linear speeds of up to 5 m/s, with the ability to complete extensive intermediate stops with total control of speed and positioning.
- Screws and Nuts – Available in both trapezoidal and ball screw design, they offer greater positioning precision, prolonged lifespan and greater efficiency.
- Linear Tables – Light, modular and easy-to-assemble units that are equipped with high-precision recirculating ball guideways allowing smooth and low noise operation.
ITT is a focused multi-industrial company that designs and manufactures highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions. Our customers in the energy, transportation and industrial markets depend on us to solve their most critical problems, and we focus on partnering with them to find solutions to their unique challenges. ITT is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with employees in more than 35 countries. The company has sales in approximately 125 countries and generated 2016 revenues of $2.4 billion. For more information, visit www.itt.com.
About ITT’s Connect and Control Technologies Business
ITT’s Connect and Control Technologies business designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption, motion, flow and environmental control components. Through leading brands such as Compact, Enidine, Aerospace Controls, Cannon, Veam and BIW Connector Systems, the business serves customers in the automation, industrial, infrastructure, transportation, energy, aerospace and defense markets.