Trio Motion Technology, LLC PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P. Servo2Go.com Aerotech, Inc Electromate Inc. FAULHABER Control Technology Corporation (CTC) TRM International Ltd AMK Automation Corp Soft Servo Systems, Inc.
A machine controller controls an entire stand-alone machine used in a factory automation or industrial manufacturing environment vs. a motion controller whose purpose it may be to control perhaps only one function within that machine.
Machine controllers may be found in factory automation and industrial manufacturing industries such as:
- Automated warehouses and conveyors
- Automotive and machine tools
- Electronics industry
- Food product industry
- Medical product industry
- Molding machines
Specific examples where machine controllers are integral to the manufacturing process:
- Conveyor systems used in the packaging process of finished goods before being placed into inventory
- Data recorder equipment used to log machine usage and schedule machine maintenance
- Equipment used to Radio Frequency ID (RFID) tag product through manufacturing process eventually into finished goods inventory
- Semiconductor and electronic inspection equipment
- Temperature indicators in molding machines used to warm, pour, form, and cool, plastic and rubber products