Pneumatic actuators are devices powered by air pressure within a cylinder whose energy is transferred into mechanical motion via a diaphragm/piston and valve stem/control device.
Pneumatics are found in:
- Braking systems
- Medical devices
- Hand tools
- Industrial tools
- Building infrastructure
- Sporting and recreational venues
Specific pneumatic products include:
- Bus, train and truck braking systems
- Dental drills and surgical devices
- Air impact wrench for tires, exhaust, etc...
- Heavy duty tools such as Jackhammers
- Building mail, HVAC control and Cable jetting systems
- T-Shirt launchers and Paintball air guns